The School of T'ai Chi Chuan of Metropolitan Washington, Inc
The School of Tai Chi Chuan teaches the Yang family style short form as developed by Grand Master Cheng Man-Ch'ing. We offer a comprehensive series of classes for beginning and advanced students. The full Tai Chi form can be learned in the Beginning Form courses (approximately 30 one-hour classes), usually divided into thirds that we refer to as B1, B2, and B3.
All of our teachers have been trained by The School of T'ai Chi Chuan, an international school with over 100 teachers in six countries. Teaching is done in teams of two or more teachers, so there is always a teacher to follow up front. The School of T'ai Chi Chuan has developed a precise teaching method that makes it easy for students to learn the T'ai Chi form and principles.
Teachers in the School of T'ai Chi Chuan of Metropolitan Washington, Inc.:
- Bev Burns, B.S., M.A., US Navy, retired; bookseller
- Gene Giffen, B.A., Ms.T., R.Ac., classical acupuncturist
- Jack Pion, licensed electrician
- Lisa Ruedi, administrator
- Peter Schwartz, B.A., screenwriter
- John Shackford, Ph.D., editor
- Vicki Shackford, B.S., R.N., Hawaiian Swimming teacher
- Erik Wenberg, computer scientist
Classes are held at
Rock Spring Church
5010 Little Falls Road
Arlington, Virginia USA